• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Koshmaar

[C] String case-insensitive limited compare function

This topic is 4847 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi guys Do you know where I can find source code of case-insensitive limited (by providing max. number of characters) compare function? There's standard strcmp for case-sensitive and not-limited compare; there's standard stricmp for case-insensitive and not-limited compare; there's standard strncmp for case-sensitive and limited compare and finally, there's non-standard strnicmp for case-insensitive and limited compare. By non-standard, I mean it's not ANSI, and it's the only reason why I'd like to change it to my own version. But for me, it's important :-) I searched for it on Google, C SNIPPETS and C Source Search and found nothing... So, if anyone has found, or written such function by himself, please tell me about it... I'll be grateful :-)

Advertisement
You'll have better luck if you search for source for strncasecmp() (which strnicmp is usually a define for). Google gives me three source files right away for that one.

Quote:

You'll have better luck if you search for source for strncasecmp() (which strnicmp is usually a define for).

Hmmm, you have specialized in fast and accurate replies to my questions ;-) Thx, indeed, I've found what I was looking for. Next time I'll try more Googling before asking such questions :-/

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!