• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
JakeM

D3DSpy?

This topic is 4844 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm looking for something called D3DSpy? I just downloaded the June 2005 SDK, and all I can find is a thumbnail image called D3DSpy.jpg. It's as if someone has mysteriously deleted it from the SDK, but didn't clean up all the other little bits. Well, I don't want to spend another 16 hours downloading 200 MB again on dialup. Please, where can I get this utility by itself? Thanks

Advertisement
It should be in your:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (Summer 2004)\Utilities

or your equivelent, was for me and this is an older SDK. Also i don't recall seeing any reference to it anywhere else so it is likely hidden in the directory somewhere. If it isnt in yours add me to MSN (if you have it) and i will send it accross to you.

ace

I'm pretty sure it's been renamed/turned into/replaced by "PIX for Windows".

Should be in Start->Programs->DX (June update)->Utilities->Pix for Windows.

You're right. It looks like PIXWin.exe has tracing abilities. I thought it was some
program for capturing bitmaps by the name of it. Thanks.

Quote:
Original post by JakeM
You're right. It looks like PIXWin.exe has tracing abilities. I thought it was some
program for capturing bitmaps by the name of it. Thanks.

D3DSpy was semi-useful in it's day, but now it has been fully eclipsed by Pix. If you haven't used it yet, it can do some really incredible things for you (like incredible graphics profiling and capturing streams for playback later).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!