• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
C plus noob

NEESD HELP INSTLLIN DX

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
http://nexe.gamedev.net/directKnowledge/default.asp?p=DirectX%20Development%20Using%20DevCpp

tels me to do sumthin with the libs :S i dont get it

Are you aware of the general concept of linking a library into an application?

EDIT: Currently downloading DevCPP so i can show you...

ace

sigh im sorry for the outburst but its says Dev Doesnt link .lib files they must be .a files oe sumthin http://nexe.gamedev.net/directKnowledge/default.asp?p=DirectX%20Development%20Using%20DevCpp explains that but i dont get it

Actually it appears to me as though you can.

- Download and install the DirectX SDK
- Start a new project
- Goto the Project menu and Project Options
- Goto the directories tab and browse for the Include and Lib directories that are in the SDK and add them to the appropriate sub-tab in this tab.

Now that should mean that the folders are setup so now DevCPP knows where to look for the individual libraries you may include in your applications.

Now to add a library to you application, like d3d9.lib, do this:

- Goto the Parameters Tab and click the Add Library or Object button, browse for the libraries you want to include.

d3dx9.lib for D3DX and d3d stuff and dinput.lib for direct input.

This should be all you need to do.

Hope this helps.

ace

alot a rated you highly you deserve it lol ;) but see its easier for me just to include it manually by enterin it as text

-lopengl32 -d3dx etc. thanks alot

P.S. if its no problem would you mind sending me your msn? thanks

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!