OpenGL on Windows Vista [Updated 14-Sept-05]

Started by
-1 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 18 years, 8 months ago
OK, as promised a few days back, a thread with Windows Vista and OpenGL infomation in it [smile] Now, this serves to act as a location for FACTS, not my opinions or anything else, therefore if you have some facts to share, PM me and I'll check out the source and update this as needed. So, the openning entry comes with thanks to msn12b for PM'ing me the details.
Continue OpenGL support > Important component of the Windows platform, particularly for high-end workstation applications In-box hardware accelerated version of OpenGL > Uses WGF 1.0 as common graphics pipeline > Upgraded API support compared to XP > OpenGL 1.4 Continue to support OpenGL ICDs > Can be shipped by OEMs > New ICDs required for LDDM > Old XP ICDs work with XP driver model in Longhorn
Source The following was brought to my attension back on the 5th of September 2005 by Krohm (I ment to post it earlier than this);
Quote:...Currently, the implication of using the IHV-supplied OpenGL driver is that the Aeroglass desktop compositor will be switched off for the OpenGL application going through an OpenGL ICD. This means that the borders of the application window will be opaque instead of (potentially) transparently composited with underlying windows...
Quote:...Other running apps are unaffected.
- Randi Rost, 3DLabs. [Edited by - phantom on September 14, 2005 6:49:56 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement