• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kag1

[web] Cookies ?

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to read some cookies with ASP and am having some trouble..my code works fine, until I try reading the cookie if the page is framed.. in my main.htm I have something like this
<frameset cols="*" border="O" border="0" framespacing="0">
  <frame src="gate.asp" name="mainFrame">
</frameset>
Then within gate.asp I have
Dim TargetPage
If Request.Cookies("Registered") = "true" Then
    TargetPage = Request.Cookies("targetpage")
Else 
    TargetPage = "register.htm"
End If
Response.Redirect TargetPage
That does not work, it will always direct me back to register.htm page...but that only happens when it is within the frame..otherwise it works perfect [edit] Ok, I found it does work when main.htm is actually on the webserver...but It cannot read the cookies from like a local harddrive? Like if I wanted to run main.htm (which is bascially just a frame around the other site) it cannot read the cookies? [/edit] Any help here? Thanks [Edited by - kag1 on August 13, 2005 12:58:19 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!