My Forums..for Programming!

Started by
3 comments, last by orcfan32 18 years, 8 months ago
I have just gotten my own forums. I would like you all to come soon and register! Here's the link!
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Advertisement
Communities develop around sites; forums develop around communities.

People aren't just going to become members of forums that have nothing to offer. There are plenty of other places (like here) with existing communities that have much more to offer in the community and in other parts of the site.
Ra
It is a community in a way though, isn't it?
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Gonna agree with Ra here. Most people join forums because they use the other features offered by the site and want to interract with fellow users. You need very unique board, with a good hook (what your board focuses on), if you want to build a community.

If you are commited to making this particular site work then you are going to have to jump start it by stringing in a few people to get the site running with a few threads in each of the forums. People are only going to join if they think that help will be available.
That's the thing, I need an HTML programmer..and a free web hoster with no page limits, or very high ones. I had a freewebs site, but their page limit is too small. I would design my own in Frontpage, if I had someone to host.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement