• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
orcfan32

My Forums..for Programming!

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Communities develop around sites; forums develop around communities.

People aren't just going to become members of forums that have nothing to offer. There are plenty of other places (like here) with existing communities that have much more to offer in the community and in other parts of the site.

Gonna agree with Ra here. Most people join forums because they use the other features offered by the site and want to interract with fellow users. You need very unique board, with a good hook (what your board focuses on), if you want to build a community.

If you are commited to making this particular site work then you are going to have to jump start it by stringing in a few people to get the site running with a few threads in each of the forums. People are only going to join if they think that help will be available.

That's the thing, I need an HTML programmer..and a free web hoster with no page limits, or very high ones. I had a freewebs site, but their page limit is too small. I would design my own in Frontpage, if I had someone to host.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!