• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mserougi

NexusWare website

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

NexusWare is home to my OpenGL-based engine, with version 1.0 already released and version 2.0 currently in development. It can be found here: http://www.nexus3d.be/ [Edited by - mserougi on May 27, 2006 12:04:37 PM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
weird, so is mine. Wonder why that is.

This is why I took the name years ago:

nex·us ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nkss)
n. pl. nexus or nex·us·es
A means of connection; a link or tie: “this nexus between New York's... real-estate investors and its... politicians” (Wall Street Journal).
A connected series or group.
The core or center: “The real nexus of the money culture [was] Wall Street” (Bill Barol).

~Graham

Well, the screenshots look decent.

EDIT - I just finished taking a look at the demo. It seems pretty good, although there are a few things that you could do to make it much better. Some collision detection for the camera agains the world geometry would be a good place to start. Also, try changing the field of view so that it doesn't seem so 'zoomed in'. You really ought to consider adding a mouse-look feature as well, as it makes it much easier to see the effects.

Other than that, it was quite good. I particularily like the curved surfaces...

Quote:
Original post by Moe
Well, the screenshots look decent.

EDIT - I just finished taking a look at the demo. It seems pretty good, although there are a few things that you could do to make it much better. Some collision detection for the camera agains the world geometry would be a good place to start. Also, try changing the field of view so that it doesn't seem so 'zoomed in'. You really ought to consider adding a mouse-look feature as well, as it makes it much easier to see the effects.

Other than that, it was quite good. I particularily like the curved surfaces...

Well the engine does feature collision detection and mouse control but this demo as you may have read was a quick "remake" of the original lost some time ago. Can't say I put a lot of thought or effort into this version of the demo as I am too busy working on the engine's next version. Note also that these little signs with nothing behind them actually had the effects described in the original, which means that for example the "volumetric fog" does exist in the engine but not used in the demo.

And ya I guess the name "Nexus" is quite popular, it's not like anyone owns the word :)

Nexus is also the name of a local public transport company that runs metros in the north east of england [smile] Very popular name so it seems.

Edit: Ok, it says it in Wikipedia.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!