• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
GamerSg

Fixed functionality equivalent GLSL shader code which works

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, Im looking for GLSL shader code which reproduces the exact same output as the fixed functionality pipeline. I have come upon ShaderGen and read through the Orange Book but the problem is that the code doesnt run on my ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. Some problems it gives are things like i cant use non-constant arrays. ERROR: 0:17: '[' : array must be redeclared with a size before being indexed with a variable It makes sense because indexing through an array with an unknown size requires conditional checking which i believe ps2.0 cards do not support. But there are many games out there which provide all this and more on GF3(ps1.0) cards.

Advertisement
I'm also use ShaderGen for my application. I have Radeon 9600 pro also. when you got error,try run ShaderGen again with same settings. Is it a shadergen bug.
ps. Sorry for my bad english

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!