• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
robydx

help with trapezoidal shadow mapping

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to use trapezoidal shadow mapping using http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~tants/tsm/TSM_recipe.html I've some problem. I generate the 8 point that create the trapezoid of the view frustum. Then I've transformed this 8 point with view x projection matrix of the light render target (view is the view matrix that go from lightposition to center of the scene, projection is a projection matrix with fov of 90°). With this 8 point projected I've calculated the 4 corner of the bounding trapezoid. Now the firsts question: 1)after projected the 8 point I should homogene the coordinate (v.xyz/v.w) or not? 2)what should be the correct value for the 4 points? I thinked that when the lights is far than camera the 4 point must be inside of the square -1,1 but it's not. 3)I'm working in directX, I can just transpose the final matrix to convert the result with ogl in directX? I'm using left hand camera please, anyone help me, I can't found any help with this

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!