Left / Right Mouse Buttons

Started by
1 comment, last by Jiia 18 years, 8 months ago
I've recently switched mouse hands to the left side (not an easy task!), and something is becomming a problem. Switching the left and right mouse buttons in the control panel seems to be very helpful for getting the hang of this. However, the mouse only seems to swap it's buttons in Windows. Every game seems like it would need to be individually tasked with adding this type of option. So that's my question. Is it possible to actually switch the hardware or driver interface buttons so every application recieves a right click as left and left click as right? Do lefties just get used to clicking with their middle finger? I suppose this is not the best place to post such a question, but I am building a Direct Input application, and my own project is what annoys me the most with this problem. Do I really have to add an option and swap the buttons? Thanks for any help :)
Advertisement
Most games provide options to remap keys and mouse buttons for the purposes of actually playing the game, so button-swapping is redundant there. For menu screens, I suggest that you allow for either mouse button. (I hadn't thought of this issue before. Good spotting!)
My interface uses the right mouse button as well, so it looks like I'm going to need an option.

A lot of games I've played don't seem to have such things, and some simply ignore the right button completely.

Anyway, I appreciate the suggestion

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement