• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
XTC

MFC in regular DLL

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What Im trying to do is create pluggable GUI. But to make things faster I decided to make a MFC GUI just for start(maybe I'll replace that with custom GUI later). After some torturing and labouring(wrapping MFC in my own general UI classes) I managed to get MFC'ish menu straight from explicitly linked DLL. But there's one problem - when I select menu item with popup, I have to click it to get a popup menu. Usually holding mouse for short time is enough, but in this case it works different. Any clues about this problem ? And my main app is not using MFC at all.

Advertisement
Ok, lets reply to myself again :D

So, my friend, you do like this: all your GUI will belong to DLL. There's no need to maintain in DLL window from main application. I mean, let DLL create window and handle it.
This way my prob is (probably) solved.

Thanks for reading, anyway:D
Enjoy the forums.
But still ... I can sleep now. Hurrah !

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!