• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Neon

Need help on starting develop software on PDA

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm going to start develop software on PDA it's my first time on this platform and I don't know anythings anyone can help me to guide on this platform I'm get one software from my frinds that calleds "eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition " how was it?? and I still have problem on start new project on this software thank you for everyone help Neon

Advertisement
I'll tell you what I'm doing... it's amazingly simple

in visual studio .net 2003 create a new [c#] smart device project, and on the next dialog say it is for the pocket pc

then you have a window you can mess with and a bunch of the .NET api to use, you ought to be able to start the application in the emulator [.net 2003 comes with the pocket pc 2002 emulator, I think you should get the 2003 emulator as well]

there are a bunch of weird quirks when compared to the full .NET api though... list views don't have the tag attribute, the close button of a window is actually a minimize button, the OK button of a window [at the top right] is a close button, you need to disable both the minimize and maximize buttons for the window to make the minimize X become a close OK, there is no enum.parse, it isn't trivial to create a non-fullscreen window [unless it has no border]

we are using c# for our projects and visual studio, not embeded visual tools. Things get done a lot more quickly when you are used to the tools already.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!