• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
bzroom

comments on robot software component please

This topic is 4848 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How long do you think it would take to develop this software component Act/X? I'm considering using it for a program at work to program one of our laser robots. Right now we program the robot via teach pendant which is very time consuming since we hardly know how to use the damn thing. I'm proposing to write a post processor for the robot to convert 3d models to machine code ( not to you guys, to my boss). Does anyone have any tips on or favorite links on the following topics? 1.) reading cad models, dxf, or iges 2.) robotics joint calculations (kinetics?) 3.) 3d collision detection 4.) 3d path finding The price for the above component costs an "estimated" US$7,000. I'm not sure if it's legal to say the price, but thats pritty damn close. The nice thing about that is in a week I'd have all the tools nessary to build the post. Do you guys think that price justifies the described features. The component also provides a graphics engine (multiple viewports), saving of the robot cell environment, tool path generation from selected cad entities.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!