• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Zaris

Using Visual Studio

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do you learn to use your IDE; I see lots of material on langage and game programming techniques, but not much on using the IDE. Does anyone know any good books on using Visual Studio.

Advertisement
I just press everything and see what happens, oh and tool-tips are useful.

ace

Guest Anonymous Poster
Click on the "Help" menu then on "Contents..." it has a whole section on Visual Studio .Net just for your viewing pleasures! Enjoy.

Just try things out if you need it, I just do that and it works very well. The context help comming with MSDN is very well too. Important parts of the IDE include the solution/src tree, new solution/project wizards and the property pages for the project/source files. Ofcourse there is much more, but you will get to know them when you are working with the tool.

Visual Studio Help does have alot of information, but it hard to use for general knowledge; Too much to filter through to get what you need.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!