RPG Sales Figures

Started by
1 comment, last by Obscure 18 years, 8 months ago
Is there any place i can find the sales figures for games like Morrowind or Final Fantasy X? I already googled it and dident find anything... anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Darkan
Sir Darkan Fireblade
Advertisement
These kind of numbers aren't generally available for public consumption, and market research firms charge for their services.

I seem to remember Obscure having some data on his website, but I can't seem to find it right now.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Quote:Original post by Fruny
I seem to remember Obscure having some data on his website, but I can't seem to find it right now.
Sadly no data, just links to a few sources of info http://www.obscure.co.uk/directory_market.shtml

Sadly you are unlikely to find accurate sales data for specific titles unless you are willing to pay for it. Sales data is expensive to compile and the companies that do so want to earn their money back. You could try the publisher's web site. Sometimes they mention when a title passes a particular sales landmark but even then the figures will just be in the "title X passes 1 million" format and no more accurate than that.

Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement