• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
utilae

Call Stack and other windows in Visual Studio .NET 2003

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003. When I run my program in debug mode and it crashes a window pops up with the options: break, continue and help. At this point I can see some windows titled 'call stack' and 'auto' which have some handy info in them (like what data is in a variable). The call stack in particular can be scrolled down further, however I cannot scroll down cause I have to close the window with 'break, continue and help options in it' first. Once I close that window, the 'call stack' window, the 'autos' window and the other windows dissappear. How do I get to look at these windows without them dissappearing? Can I look at the these windows as of the data they last contained?

Advertisement
When I press the break option the call stack window and other helpful windows dissappear. I want to look at these windows, but they dissappear.

So, How do I get to look at these windows without them dissappearing?

Actually, I've noticed that the debugger sometimes instantly quits after breaking. This has happened to me when dealing with stack overflow errors in .Net applications, for example.

If your debugger gives up and terminates a program for some reason, you may still be able to get useful information by going to the output window and, at the selection-box at the top, select "Debug" (which will bring up the debugger's output).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!