• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
warlord7856

coding sector

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, my friend is making a coding website, the adress is www.codingsector.com/forums we would appreciate it if you would join the forum

Advertisement
I don't want to try and put you or your friends site down, but people will stay here, it is unlikely another forum will take off when there is a forum which thousands of members all pretty active posting on a regular basis. I know this from a few years back when I setup a site similar to http://www.qb45.com back in the days of QBasic, people rarely touched my forum because there was already an ace one. Just out of curiosity what sorta stuff is he posting on the website anyways? It just redirects me straight to the forum at the moment.

Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to start programming forums from scratch. People have no reason to sign in for an empty forum. What you could do is gather resources and tutorials so people can find useful stuff in your site and talk about them in your forums. That way you can build a member base that can grow.

Quote:
Original post by mikeman
Yeah, it's pretty much impossible to start programming forums from scratch. People have no reason to sign in for an empty forum. What you could do is gather resources and tutorials so people can find useful stuff in your site and talk about them in your forums. That way you can build a member base that can grow.

That sounds a lot more like what I should have said.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!