[.net] [VB.NET 2003] Treeview control doesn't like XP skinning!

Started by
1 comment, last by benryves 18 years, 8 months ago
Having applied an XP theme to my VB.NET application (calling Application.EnableVisualstyle()), everything appears to be themed properly: command buttons, scrollbars, checkboxes and so on all appear to be fully XP-themed. The treeview control, however, isn't. The [+] buttons appear properly, it's the scrollbar that is the problem. Sometimes it is a full blue XP scrollbar, sometimes it is grey and blocky but usually it's a mixture, with a blue scroll bar and grey arrow buttons or vice-versa. Is this "normal" behaviour? Is there any way around this that you know of? I do have an image list control attached to the tree view control, but am calling Application.DoEvents() before displaying the form as per the instructions on MSDN.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Advertisement
Unfortunately, this is normal behaviour as far as I'm aware, and it has caused me many hours of insanity trying to fix. The best (free) solution I have found are code project custom controls like this one or if you want a complete solution (for most of the Windows XP theme bugs), try Skybound Visualstyles which is also free.
I've already ready slammed the plastic world through the loop to the girl in the fire. If you don't hold your colour, the sounds of life will beckon you to the terminal, by which time, you'll definately be out there.
Quote:Original post by jystic
... or if you want a complete solution (for most of the Windows XP theme bugs), try Skybound Visualstyles which is also free.
That looks like a great bit of kit - I'll give that a go. Thanks!

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement