• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jkuhlmann

FlatFrag - Action Shooter (Alpha)

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, for the last few months I've been working on a small network-enabled action shooter. It currently only features multiplayer deathmatches. You look at your player from above and try to kill other players. I post here because I believe that the game has come so far that it's time for testing it extensively. So I put together a release, which should probably be called an alpha version. A short feature list: - 3D graphics using OpenGL - 3D sounds with OpenAL - cross-platform compatible: current release includes Linux and Windows - Open Source (licensed under the GPL) The game's homepage is this: http://www.tzi.de/~jfk/projects/flatfrag/index.php Screenshots of the current version can be found here: http://www.tzi.de/~jfk/projects/flatfrag/gallery.php?g=04 And, finally, if you want to download the game, you should look here: http://www.tzi.de/~jfk/projects/flatfrag/downloads.php Well, I hope someone wants to test it [smile], Johannes Edit: If you find a bug or have an idea for a good feature, you could either e-mail me or post it here right away.

Advertisement
Very GTA looking, I like [smile]. Give me an hour or so and ill have a play, see if I can pick out some bugs for ya.

Edit: I done it straight away, was easier, a few issues i'm having:

In the Menu: The music will just start repeating the same buffer over and over, just a horrible repeating sound.

In game: The sound stops randomly after a few seconds of playing, no weapon sounds, nothing. Also, hitting Esc will cause a lovely error in Windows.

If it helps here are my system specs:

AMD64 3000+
2x512MB PC3200 RAM
GeForce 6600GT
Windows XP Pro SP2

Anything else just ask [smile]

Thanks for the quick test. Hm, GTA-like is a good description [smile].

Concerning the music playing in the menu: I know of that bug, but actually I haven't yet cared to fix it, though I guess I have to look into that soon.

I don't have an idea yet, what causes the sound to stop while playing the game. Could you perhaps have a look at the file client.log and check for ERR or WRN lines? You could also send me the file in an e-mail, if you're too lazy. [wink]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!