Misfit Model 3D: Nice free 3D Modeller and Animator

Started by
7 comments, last by Daaark 18 years, 7 months ago
I just found out about Misfit Model 3D and really liked it, so I thought I would share with you guys. [SMILE] Short list of stuff I especially liked: -Free -Very nice, clean and easy to understand interface -Supports skeletal and frame based animation
___________________________Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
Advertisement
I will have to check it out. I really liked Milkshape, but was always too cheap to buy it. The only thing that I am not liking (from the Screenshots) about Misfit, is it is missing the toolbar on the right, like Milkshape. Mind you, I haven't tried it yet....
Wow, I am really surprised that no one else has commented on this!
Misfit Model 3D looks pretty good, and easy to use. Similar to Anim8or (easy to use, free).
Wow, this may be just what I need. Does it support more than one mesh on a skeleton to animate? So I can compose characters out of parts.
I think I'll check this out.
Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark
Does it support more than one mesh on a skeleton to animate? So I can compose characters out of parts.

Well, you can create/load multiple meshes and assign them to a single skeleton (I just tried this with two boxes and a "V" skeleton). But you will need a custom exporter, I guess.

Quote: Original post by kmccusker
Similar to Anim8or (easy to use, free).

Maybe it's just me, but I find Anim8or very difficult/unintuitive. That's actually the reason that I was so happy to find Misfit. [SMILE]
___________________________Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
Hi,

Is anybody using Misfit Model 3D ?

I'm currently looking into this but in case somebody already knows...

Is it easy to extract face colour information from the mm3d file ?

I see you can make a material that is a colour, but the docs only seem to refer to "external texture" files for materials ?
What is it with this program's constant need to want to access my a: drive?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement