• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BigBeginner

Bitmap from Texture

This topic is 4840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Good afternoon, I created an texture like this: D3DXCreateTexture (Device, W,H, 0, D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, TEX); The textura has to be target textura. Later this texture will be sratched. Question is: how do I make an bitmap from this texture? The LOCKRECT method doesn't works... :(

Advertisement
Yes, you maybe right... but I have to do more things with the texture... by the way, the "D3DXSaveTextureToFile" function how to access the pixel datas?

I don't know how Microsoft implemented the function. It may not even allow you to save it if you can't access the pixels. It may have something to do with your memory management. I would also recommend calling pDevice->CreateTexture() to prevent any incorrect paramaters from going un-noticed, because D3DXCreateTexture may ignore errors. Also, maybe call CheckDeviceFormat to be sure you can create it as a render target.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!