Music Criticism

Started by
12 comments, last by iosys 18 years, 7 months ago
Hey Guys, This is my first time creating game music and I wanted to know what you thought of this tune I came up with. Good or bad, let me know. I can handle it. Sample 1 [Edited by - eppskevin on August 15, 2005 8:53:20 PM]
Advertisement
You have to be a registered member to listen.
Sorry about that Rain. I've changed it to another server that I have. The link should go to that now.
Not bad. What kind of feel are you going for here? I'm stuck between calling it groovy, dark, and cute:)

Your claps could use some reverb. Very dry.

Your main instrument has very abrupt releases. I'd say trim down the attack on it and let the releases ring a little more.
Actually krikkit,

That's the feel that I was going for: groovy, dark, and cute.

As far as your other suggestions, I was wonder about the claps and the main instrument. I'm trying to figure out how to stop that abruptive sound.
What are you using?
This app called Fruityloops. It's sort of like Reason, but easier to use. To me anyway.
I like your musical ideas, the mixing is another story. I am really digging the movement of the bass, good work on that. However, I feel that the full delivery of the bass and its potential isn't being realized because its getting drowned out by the Saw wave instrument. My advice would be to cut back on the intensity, volume-wise of the saw wave instrument and raise the bass tracks volume a bit.
Play around with panning and try to find the best balance between instruments. Also decide which instument you wish for the listener to hear. One of the voices should stand out and be distinguishable and the other serve merely as a backdrop harmonically.

I like the way its going though. :)
Hey Rain,

What do you think of the changes? I made some modifications to the panning. Let me know if it sounds better.

Sample 1(revised)
Its better. I can hear everything clearly now, but its a little lopsided. It would be best if you could find a way to keep your melody instrument closer to center without muddying your sound.

BTW, the entire song is clipped to hell. Turn the gain down.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement