Dev-C++: Makefile Error

Started by
8 comments, last by Gor435 18 years, 8 months ago
I got an error with my project saying that it couldn't make the makefile, error File I/O number 32.
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Advertisement
Try to delete the Makefile if it exists (Makefile.win or something similar in your project dir) perhaps it somehow became write-only. If that doesn't help try deleting all non-project files and attempting a build from there, if it still fails ask on the Dev-C++ forums.

You didn't happen to just download and install some packages for the compiler did you?
Gor435 - My Journal - MySpace - Facebook
How did you know that, Gor435?
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
the packages probaly messed up the compiler or something
Quote:Original post by orcfan32
How did you know that, Gor435?

Simple I am a genius. [smile]

No really I had it happen to me also and I know how to fix it.

I will post a description on how to fix it in a min need to go over my process and make sure I can explain it properly.
you can just reinstall devc++

but im sure theres another way
Don't waste your time there, it's fixed now, all I had to do was delete the makefile.
Note: Your file names and such my not be the same it depends on where you installed dev-c++

First open your compiler.
Next click on the tools option.
Then choose Compiler Options.

Now you will see tabs at the top of the compiler options window.
Click directories.
You will see a new set of tabs.

In the binaries tab you need to get delete the line that says C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc-lib\mingw32\3.3.1

and replace it with
C:\Dev-Cpp\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2

next you will want to go to the C++ includes tab.
replace all 3.3.1 includes with the same 3.4.2 includes

now you my close your compiler

find and open your bin folder
mine is C:\Dev-Cpp\bin

add something (like .bla thats what I did lol)
to the end of the file mingw32-gcc-3.3.1
or you can delete it I say add something just to change it so if it dosn't work you can just change it back.

I know you probably are wondering how I figured all this out. Trust me I pulled my hair out trying to get my compiler to work right again.

Now open up your compiler and start a new project and try it out. [smile]
Quote:Original post by orcfan32
Don't waste your time there, it's fixed now, all I had to do was delete the makefile.

Ok but if that was your problem it will happen every time you start a project

My description is assuming you installed the 3.4.2 mingw upgrade.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement