• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
robydx

draw problem on nvidia

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

when I render a grid of triangle on nvidia cards after some time (usually few second) some triangle start to flash. On ATI doesn't happen. How can I resolve?

Advertisement
- Any debug output?
- All HRESULTs checked?

Try to provide more information about what you doing. Which triangles start to flash? Random? The closest to the camera? The farthest from the camera?

Not a fix, but hopefully a push in the right direction. I've seen this on Ti200 cards, and on a 6600GT. I've seen it in our engine, and I've seen it in FXComposer. We have cheap motherboards. I'm assuming our cheap mobo has problems with high amounts of AGP traffic, as it only seems to occur when using dynamic buffers. As I've rewritten this code several time in our engine, and since FXComposer is similarly broken, I'm assuming it's not application code. It could be driver code, but I've never seen the issue on computers with different mobos, but I have seen this issue on several machines with this same mobo. The problem only appears after several minutes of graphics use, so it's likely something on the mobo is getting too hot, affecting the signal, a connection, or something.

There may be slight temperature/timing differences between ATI and nVidia which allow the ATI cards to operate on these cheap motherboards, where nVidia cards introduce artifacts (polys disappear randomly, one or two vertices get stretched to odd locations, etc.)

Though I can't recall the exact model of motherboard we've had these issues with, it was an AGP4X AOpen board (not that I'm saying AOpen are necessarily bad. Just we've had several identical boards in our office develop this exact issue).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!