• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
y2kiah

mag filter breaks down on ATI

This topic is 4843 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This has been a consistent ATI problem, on more than 1 card, most recently the X300. I develop on nvidia so I haven't given much attention. Time to fix things though. The texture quality gets progressively worse the farther I move away from the origin. By the time I get about 1000 units away (too small for precision problems) the artifact starts to show itself. By the time I am on the far side of the map the filtering looks like NEAREST rather than LINEAR, but the texture quality even deteriorates beyond that and starts looking like they are coming from the mipmap chain. Mipmapping is enabled with trilinear filtering, texture compression makes no difference, fooling with driver settings makes no difference. I am stumped, has anyone else ever experienced this?

Advertisement
Can you post a screenshot ?

Are you sure of your texture coordinates ? Are some of them very big (say, bigger than 1000.0f ?) ?

Y.

yes the texture coordinates do get very large. With wrapping this was always ok on geforce but maybe ATI implements things differently.

That might just be it, I will post the results. Thanks Ysaneya

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!