• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mark-w

OpenGL opengl app resizes slowly, moves slowly, otherwise works fine

This topic is 4845 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have an opengl app which reacts very slowly when I try to resize the main application window, or move the main application window around my desktop. I disabled all drawing code. All that remains is picking the pixel format and setting up the render context when the window is created. If I comment that out, the app can resize smoothly etc again. Is there anyway to get the app to behave nicely again even when I have the opengl render context created?

Advertisement
From what I remember, you only need to recreate the rendering context when you destroy and recreate the window (for example, switching to/from fullscreen). If you're doing so whenever you move or resize your window that's going to slow your program down to a crawl.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!