• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alex_r

DX Line Width and .X Files

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a small and very simple question... How I set the line width in DX? I'm a newbie in DX, and I have another question, how I load a .X file? I know, there some samples in DX, but I like to know just how I work with this file, in samples load X with shader and many thinks and I don't found how it work... What I like to know is, there any simple tutorial, article or sample about .X loading? Thanks

Advertisement
I believe line width is always 1 pixel when using primitive type LINE lists or strips. You can use ID3DXLine to make thicker lines with patterns.

There are lots of tutorials for .x file loading. Check out google "load .x file tutorial" and the Articles link above.

Quote:
Original post by alex_r
What I like to know is, there any simple tutorial, article or sample about .X loading?

Have you looked at the tutorials included in the SDK?

I don't have an installation available on this machine, but I think it's "Tutorial 06 - Meshes" that you'll want, it's inside the "samples" folder.

I suggest this as it's seperate from the sample framework and, as far as any code I've seen goes, it's about as simple an example as you could ever find [grin]

hth
Jack

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!