• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ketchaval

Puzzle games better than shooting?

This topic is 4840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

It seems to me that puzzle games (ie. Dr. Mario, Super Bust-A-Move) have more enjoyably complex gameplay than shooting games. This is due to the emerging patterns that the gamepieces make, whereas in shooting games it tends to be kill / be killed, and enemies disappear as fast as they come. What if we combined the two genres and had enemies that stuck together and formed new enemies / shapes under certain conditions?

Advertisement
Everyone likes different types of gameplay. Even when you combine multiple forms of gameplay into one game, you are not for certain attracting people from both genres. Some people who love shooters may or may not like the hybrid and some popel who love puzzles may or may not like the hyrbid. Make a small demo and see how it turns out.

Like a bunch of blobs that become a bigger blob?

Honestly I don't see how you can mix tetris with UT, can you elaborate a bit more?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!