• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
indigox3

[.net] vs.net IDE question

This topic is 4865 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to generate a visual studio.net project from a big directory full of source code? I don't want to manually create the entire directory structure of the source inside the VS project and add all the source files by hand because there are thousands of files.

Advertisement
No, there's no project file there already. I'm starting with a new .proj file. Too bad just dragging folders into the solution explorer doesn't work like it does with files...

If you look at the contents of the project files (hint: it's text), you'll see that it would be pretty easy to write a separate program to scan folders and add files automatically.

Thats true, but it would be even easier to download a program someone else has already wrote that did that =)

I guess I'll do it myself if I can't find one...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!