• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mykre

Graphic Icons for a new Application, looking for feedback

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all, I have started working on a game that will be starting out as a windows forms application, then moving to DirectX. What I decided was to draw the 2d Icons in a 3d Modeling package so that in the furture versions I could also use the models. Anyway I have started to post the images to my website and was hopeing to get some feed back on the art work. At the moment I have only uploaded one image to the forums, XTrader forums. But I do have more images that I have been working on in the galleries sections.

Advertisement
I could only find the barrel one, and it looks good! First impressions were very good, maybe you could do a bit more work on the ends of the barrels, some kind of circular bevelling, like on the top of a baked beans can type of thing.

And.. just a thought but maybe have some of the rust aligned vertically, as if the barrels had been standing up and water leaked down them and rust formed from that.

Maybe various barrels would be better rather than the same repeated barrel...although it's not bad to do so.

Thanks for the feed back, as I said this is just a start.

Here are some more that I am working on,

Background Image Link
Small Ship Link

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!