• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kid4Today

Flash Actionscript: Game Damage Transfer

This topic is 4838 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello ive provided a picture to try to better explain a complication i've been having: Image hosted by Photobucket.com What i would liek to do is so when SPCAEBAR is pressed, if these two smaller boxes are overlapping, the ememy will loose 10 damage im sure there are many ways to do this, but im not trying to get into anything too complicated, i just want the yellow guy to take 10 damage everytime teh space is pressed, given the conditions please help im desperate :)

Advertisement

Assume your Movie clips (MC) are like above. You have made a hit area MC and pull that onto your player MC. Now to check collision is easy.

if (player.playerHitArea.hitTest(enemy.enemyHitArea))
{

//do something
}

Here is the source to a flash game I made while learning flash that using this same way to dectect hits.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!