• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
evanofsky

Progress so Far (movie!!)

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Thanks to Cypher19 and benryves, you can now watch a compressed video of my game engine. woohoo! It's a very small movie now, ~1 mb, demoing my material system with specular attributes and glowing pixels and stuff. See what you think: save target as...

Advertisement
That looks pretty good! How long have you spent working on it so far?

Thanks for the nice comments! It'll be a year old somewhere around October.

I think the movie is a little too low quality, though. I'll change it.

Wow, it looks kinda cool.
I want more movies!
Make more movies, and with little better quality!
(i am not afraid of downloading 30mb video) :)
Tell more about your project.
What features did you complete/plan to add ?

Quote:
Original post by captainmikey
How many people are writing the engine, and what graphics engine/library are you using?

Well, currently only one person is working on the engine. I haven't been able to recruit anyone else. My theory is that once I get something slightly playable and good looking, I'll be able to snag some people. The ultimate goal is entering it in the IGF student showcase. I'm using DirectX with shaders 2.0, and I think I'm gonna make 2.0 support required (good move? bad move?).

Quote:
Original post by Jnz86
What features did you complete/plan to add ?

So far, pretty much WYSIWYG. It's mostly a graphics engine. The material system is actually pretty simple. I hook up a bunch of D3DXHANDLEs to the shader, then fill out a TextureDesc structure. Then before you draw each mesh, you just type:
texture->Set(textureDesc);
It works well and is really easy to add more material attributes. Next on the list is collision detection/physics and an advanced sound system. (Sorry Moe, collision detection is only performed with the terrain. Stay tuned! :)

btw: working on another movie... patience...

Solo project?! Wow, colour me impressed :D

I'm surprised you're having trouble recruiting people! I bet if you got just tossed some slightly prettier art in there people would jump all over it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!