• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
soldier2

Mouse capture.

This topic is 4841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have two questions: 1. When I run my DX application in fullscreen I can see my windows mouse cursor. How do I make it disappear? 2. Is there any gain in using DirectInput instead of Win32 Api for mouse and keyboard input? Thanks in advance. [Edited by - soldier2 on August 17, 2005 1:55:54 PM]

Advertisement
There is a command for hiding the cursor:
ShowCursor(FALSE);

When you want to display the cursor again, you can write:
ShowCursor(TRUE);

There is a huge gain in using DirectInput instead of Win32, because the input capture is much more precise. Win32 input is quite slow, a button press can be missed if you push two buttons quickly enough. So my advice is to use DirectInput every time you need precise input capturing.

Thank`s for your help. Joni-Matti can you also tell me where do I call that function. I just took a look on MSDN but I didn`t find too much detail there.

You can call it right after initializing and showing the window. It is also good to call ShowCursor(TRUE) when you exit the program.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!