• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PennstateLion

My Tetris clone - give it a shot

This topic is 4840 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Pretty much done... gonna clean the code up a bit... but please try it out! and please give me feedback on what could change..or any bugs its my first real completed game after learning C++ its done in DirectX 9.0c so i dont know how it will handle loading on all the diff machines. http://www.kiclan.com/tetris/tetrixed.zip Tetrixed

Advertisement
Well cant take credit for any of the artwork/images
friend of mine did it all, but the font in game and in the images is the "Battlefield" font, downloaded it off the web.

Nice, very well done just a couple of questions
What is it made with opengl, dx, sdl?
You gonna release source for that?

Quote:
Original post by Gor435
Nice, very well done just a couple of questions
What is it made with opengl, dx, sdl?
You gonna release source for that?

it was made with DX9
i will release the source after i clean up my code a bit.. go ahead and email me and i can send you the code
e_matsui@comcast.net

looks good :)

I'm learning C++ as well and wondering how long this took you to get to this point. Any recommended reading? :)

edit: meant to add, the only thing I think could use a tweak is the rotate speed is really fast. At least on my PC, have to tap real quick or else it spins a 360 :P

There's something odd about the alignment of the blocks. It's like they overlap halfway. Is that intended, or is it my computer doing something naughty?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!