• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mannam

Capturing fullscreen event

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everybody, I use the IDirect3DDevice9::Reset function when I want to switch my program to fullscreen mode. Switching to fullscreen usually results in screen resolution change. So I want my program to be notified, so that it can handle the changes. Does anyone know how to capture this event from window messages? Thanks.

Advertisement
Thanks for replaying.

I've tried this message. But windows does not generate this message after calling IDirect3DDevice9::Reset...

Given that you're the one making the call to Reset(), can't you just compare the present parameters before and after?

Or are you asking if you can be notified when the screen res has finished changing? Sadly I don't think there's a way to do that - it's all hardware-dependent.

you could post the message yourself using PostMessage immediately after calling Reset. It may not be what the intent of the message originally was, but there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!