• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
philipptr

calling SDL_GL_SwapBuffers() from a thread

This topic is 4837 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im coding a game and use a thread for the grafics and the normal function for input and calculation. with sdl only that was no problem, but since im using Opengl too the grafics just not appear (but the menu which, is a extra function called before thread creation, works). so my question is: should i exchange the input/calculating, so that this is in the thread, or did i do something else wrong? (the rest in the thread works, it even calculates fps)

Advertisement
thanks very much, i only found one note saying i should only use video functions from one thread (not multiple ones) which i did.

thanks very much again helped alot :)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Sorry but now i have another problem:

ive exchanged gamecontrol and the grafics, but if i have a SDL_Delay in Gamecontrol i get Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x78)! but if i dont have the SDL_Delay the redrawing function is much too slow.

Also i have a little problem with Opengl:
i cant draw grafics which reach out the left or top part of the window. my Opengl initialisation looks like this:

glViewport(0,0,resx,resy); //resx and resy are exactly the resolution
glMatrixMode(GL_PROJECTION);
glLoadIdentity();

glOrtho(0.0f, resx, resy, 0.0f, -1.0f, 1.0f);

glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);

Sdl_delay isn't a graphical function, so I don't know what's going on there.

Your OpenGL code looks ok to me. I don't have a glViewport line in my code however.

under windows the window gets idle very fast after the creation of the threads, and when i check the mouse position from the thread it doesnt work (but i can move the sdl_cursor)

imo this is very strange...

drawing out of screen works now but still the mouse input under windows doesnt work... did someone have that problem too? (it only happens when im catching the mouseinput out of the threaf)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!