• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Kylotan

Pygame 1.7.1 is released

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Development restarted on PyGame recently, and this is the latest release. Download it here. If you're still using 1.6 then there have been lots of improvements since then, including turning sprite groups into iterators, many objects made weakref-compatible, integration of the fast event patch for SDL, and obviously numerous minor bug fixes.

Advertisement
Isn't it against Gamedev policy to post this here? It should be in the announcements forum.

You're going to tell the moderator of the Scripting Languages and Mods forum that it's inappropriate to post something in his own forum?

edit: And it's about darn time this PyGame release was done. Wasn't the pre-release for this one over a year ago?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yes I am saying that. The fact that the moderator made the post makes it worse. The moderator should know the rules and enforce them equally upon all posters including himself (or herself)

The AP was me, GD forum's were getting server 500 error and when my post finally went through I was logged out.

The announcement is relevant to the forum topic, and is not a blatant self-promotion. Whether or not it should be moved to Your Announcements would be left to the moderators' judgement in general, and Kylotan's in particular (he might even decide to make it a Sticky [smile]).

Duke - I really don't understand why you're getting so worked up about something like this.

The "Your Announcements" forum is really most appropriate for posts about actual games. Frameworks and libraries which would be of interest to programmers most certainly belong in this forum.

First, I am not "worked up" about it. I was just concerned by what I consider to be a moderator breaking the very rules they are to enforce. If it is deemed appropriate to spam a forum with announcements about tools/libraries specific to the forum topic then I have no complaint (as long as the rule is applied evenly).

So basically, as far as I am concerned "case closed". I am only curious for a clarification:

Was Kylotan's post within bounds of the no spam rules (thus NOT spam)? Or is Kylotan above the rules?

Quote:
The announcement is relevant to the forum topic, and is not a blatant self-promotion.

If Kylotan works on PyGame, then it is a blatant self-promotion. Blatant, as in your face. Self as in he did it. Promotion as in he is advertising it. If he had nothing to do with PyGame, then it is not blatant self-promotion.

On a side not, PyGame looks pretty cool and I'll give it a look.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!