• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
HolySheepy

Problem with dxguid.lib fatal error LNK1103

This topic is 4839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, im new and i want to start learning directx i downloaded microsoft directx 9.0c sdk (august 2005) and installed it i set up the directories and tried to compile my code it give me this error: "dxguid.lib(dxguid.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: Debug-Informationen beschaedigt; Modul muss neu kompiliert werden." i think in english it means "dxguid.lib(dxguid.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: Debug-Informations damaged; Module must be recompiled" =/ so i got a problem now lol

Advertisement
I dont have my usual set of resources to hand at the moment, but I'm sure i've seen references to that "Debug-Informations damaged; Module must be recompiled" message before.

Specifically, being to do with compatability between platforms/compilers - If I am correct on this one, your best bet might be to check your development platform and tools against the supported/unsupported lists in the DX Readme [smile]

hth
Jack

I don't believe the latest version of the DirectX SDK is compatible with MSVC 6. You may need to install an older version of the SDK.

Quote:
Original post by SiCrane
I don't believe the latest version of the DirectX SDK is compatible with MSVC 6. You may need to install an older version of the SDK.

This is correct. You'll need to go back to the "Summer 2004" or "October 2004" (+ extras) release to use DX9 with VC++6.

Although, if you're still using VC++6 - why? [smile]

I'd give some serious thought into using the VC++2003 toolkit (a free download) and then grabbing VC++2005 Express Edition (if you've not got much spare money!) later this year. You'll appreciate a nice new shiny compiler!

hth
Jack

EDIT: Too slow [headshake]
EDIT2: Links

You can use the free Visual C++ 2003 toolkit with the VC6 IDE, but you'll need to manually tweak compiler command-line parameters sometimes. On the other hand, you can try the CodeBlocks IDE, which works very well with the free toolkit.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!