• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Brocketino

ES_READONLY

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a edit control wich should be readonly. If I'm using the ES_READONLY style then the whole control is grayed-out. Is there a way to make the background color stay intact? I tried to make the control readonly buy trapping the EN_UPDATE message, but without any suc.

Advertisement
May I ask why you would want to confuse your users in such a way?
You could simply subclass it to make it work that way but it would be quite horrendous to do so since it would break user expectations.

Quote:
Original post by DigitalDelusion
May I ask why you would want to confuse your users in such a way?
You could simply subclass it to make it work that way but it would be quite horrendous to do so since it would break user expectations.

I'm just writing it for myself:)
In my app I have two edit controls, one for input and one for output. I want both the controls to have the same background color.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!