Getting mouse input from fullscreen D3D?

Started by
4 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 8 months ago
I've implemented a simple mouse-driven GUI which appears to work well when I run my D3D app in a window. However in full-screen mode, it's as if the window is not recognised by the mouse - the cursor is affected by the program running underneath, and clicking causes my app to be minimised and the mouse event to go to the other program. Is there anything in particular I should do to remedy this - I'm using straight Win32 here not DirectInput.
Advertisement
Make sure you have set the mouse to be exclusive to the application when you make the mouse object.

ace
Quote:Original post by ace_lovegrove
Make sure you have set the mouse to be exclusive to the application when you make the mouse object.

He's not using DInput [smile].

@d000hg: Sounds like a weird problem. Do you handle mouse messages correctly? Do you use DefWindowProc for messages you don't handle?

Think so. Just catch WM_LBUTTONDOWN/UP etc.
It happens when you click anywhere? I remember having a problem like this where I could click in the top-right or top-left corners of the screen and the app would change, since XP has rounded corners on the windows. I solved it by creating my window with just the WS_POPUP style.
_______________________________________________________________________Hoo-rah.
Found it... the window is not resized to take up the whole screen, so even though it's fullscreen rendering there's no window existing underneath some parts.

What a dumb mistake!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement