OpenAL problems

Started by
5 comments, last by Doggan 18 years, 8 months ago
I've been trying to add audio playback into a game i'm making through OpenAL, but i've been having trouble. For some reason Dev-Cpp keeps giving me linker errors. I dont know why, however, since i added the OpenAL library files into the project. The Errors Are (under Compile Log): 1) Undefined Reference to 'alGetEnumValue' 2) Undefined Reference to 'alGetEnumValue' I believe this has something to do with partial incompatability with DevCpp but i dont know Does anyone have any ideas on this/ Has anyone encountered this problem and managed to get past it? [Edited by - medevilenemy on August 18, 2005 11:43:25 AM]
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
Advertisement
-- Otherwise, can anyone lead me to another free audio library (free for commercial use?)

-- Check out my website www.enigmacorp.tk or www.geocities.com/medevilenemy and click products for a cool screenshot

[Edited by - medevilenemy on August 18, 2005 12:45:07 PM]
There was a saying we had in college: Those who walk into the engineering building are never quite the same when they walk out.
It looks like you're trying to use a function it knows nothing about. Try including the headers (if you haven't already), and see if it fixes the problem. I assume you haven't, since it'd be giving you linker errors if it couldn't find them in the Open AL library.

Also, Dev-C++ is an IDE that uses the compiler MinGW. Try not to confuse the two things, since they're completely different things.
Audiere looks nice.
i have already included the headers (all of the ones included in the creative OpenAL SDK)

I believe it has something to do with the way the libraries are written... and therefore a problem linking.

EDIT: Just checked agian, and there is virtually nothing useful to be found floating around on the net (on this topic)

[Edited by - medevilenemy on August 18, 2005 12:18:31 PM]
hello?
You might try posting your question on the OpenAL Mailing List. Post your version of Dev-C++ and all your OpenAL includes (headers and libraries).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement