• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ksingh30

LoadHierarchyFromFile

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ok im trying to compile this example "http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2079.asp" the source code is at the bottom. but I get these errors ------ Build started: Project: TestApp, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Compiling... CModel.cpp c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Desktop\TestApp\CModel.cpp(45) : error C2259: 'CAllocateHierarchy' : cannot instantiate abstract class due to following members: 'HRESULT ID3DXAllocateHierarchy::CreateMeshContainer(LPCSTR,const D3DXMESHDATA *,const D3DXMATERIAL *,const D3DXEFFECTINSTANCE *,DWORD,const DWORD *,LPD3DXSKININFO,LPD3DXMESHCONTAINER * )' : pure virtual function was not defined c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (June 2005)\Include\d3dx9anim.h(168) : see declaration of 'ID3DXAllocateHierarchy::CreateMeshContainer' c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Desktop\TestApp\CModel.cpp(64) : error C2259: 'CAllocateHierarchy' : cannot instantiate abstract class due to following members: 'HRESULT ID3DXAllocateHierarchy::CreateMeshContainer(LPCSTR,const D3DXMESHDATA *,const D3DXMATERIAL *,const D3DXEFFECTINSTANCE *,DWORD,const DWORD *,LPD3DXSKININFO,LPD3DXMESHCONTAINER * )' : pure virtual function was not defined c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (June 2005)\Include\d3dx9anim.h(168) : see declaration of 'ID3DXAllocateHierarchy::CreateMeshContainer' c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Desktop\TestApp\CModel.cpp(227) : error C2039: 'SetTime' : is not a member of 'ID3DXAnimationController' c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (June 2005)\Include\d3dx9anim.h(687) : see declaration of 'ID3DXAnimationController' Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Kevin\Desktop\TestApp\Debug\BuildLog.htm" TestApp - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s) ---------------------- Done ---------------------- Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Advertisement
Looks like you have not written the implementation of the CreateMeshContainer function. If you think you have then check the parameters very carefuly as it is easy to make a mistake.

ok now im trying the demo sample from toymaker.com
"http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/load_x_hierarchy.html"
and I can get this to compile but this is a bit confusing, there just so much code. the folder common has like 16 files. what are those for?

Those are just part of the DirectX framework that the sample is built on. It is Microsoft code for handling setting up Direct3D and doing the UI bits and bobs. People tend to just use it to get a sample up nice and quickly.

ok with those I cant get it to compile. I get like 300 errors, which are all syntax error. does someone have an example of a skinned mesh with out all the "dxstdafx.cpp" crap and those other files. I would really appericiate it.
Thank You.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!