• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
The Ice Master

Please tell me how!

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am 100% new to all of this, and was trying to make a pacman style game with the GameMaker program. I need sprites, and I have made this little alien with the ASE 2D image editor. I can make him animated on the editor, but I cannot keep the animated image when I try to save. After saving, it just gives me the three jpg alien images. It won't save in Gif, so that may be a problem. I also tried some Java sprite editor, but when I save it to gif with that, it does the same thing as ASE. Could anyone tell me where to go to get a free editor that will do what I want? I want something that gives me blocky images like the ghosts almost from pacman. (In other words, I want one that can zoom in to where a 25x25 pixel picture looks very big.) ***EDIT*** I also did not mention that for the past week I have downloaded at least 30 image programs. The two mentioned above came the closest to working.

Advertisement
I can't find the animation section. It has sprites that don't move, but not animated GIFs. I think. In the free version at least.

***EDIT***

My bad, I found it! Thanks! It was right under my nose the whole time!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!