• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ViperG

Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2

This topic is 4834 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Am I assuming correctly, no matter what you compile (console, dll, win32 app etc) It wont run on a computer without microsoft .net framework...?
#include "stdafx.h"

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
	printf("Hellow World");
	return 0;
}

I compiled that code as a console, and it was only 4kb yay, anyways it wouldn't run on another computer, said the application had the wrong configurations. I assume it's talking about .net framework not installed? Anyone know? Is it wrong for me to stick to VC 6 just because I don't want to make stuff that requires people to install .net framework before they can play my games or apps?

Advertisement
Unmanaged code compiled with Visual Studio C++ 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 doesn't require the .NET framework.

Anyone know why my exe won't run on another computer? Says the system is not configured properly?

Posting the actual error message would help immeasurably. (Actually, I guess it would be measurable: with it we could, without it we couldn't. [smile])

You need to install the VC8 redistributable (runtime dll, i think it's called vc80.dll?) - which can be downloaded free from msdn.

"This application has failed to start because the applicaiton configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the applicaiton may fix this problem"

I tested it one a second computer (both running on xp)

They both give me this error.

I started a new project. I told it to use pre-compiled headers (hence the _tmain function...)

then I just typed in printf... told it to compile in release mode. bam copied the exe from the release folder. Errors Msgs on other computers. It runs fine on the computer that compiled it with visual studio and all its crap installed.

Download and install Dependency Walker; it'll be able to tell you what dependencies aren't being met.

Just wondering,

what headers are included in your "stdafx.h" file?

What operating system are you moving the program to?

Quote:
Original post by Nuget5555
You need to install the VC8 redistributable (runtime dll, i think it's called vc80.dll?) - which can be downloaded free from msdn.

It's MSVCR80.DLL

SP2 for XP probably includes this.

But the dll didn't fix the problem. I'm still getting errors, and I can't seem to see what it's missing from Dependacy Walker.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!