• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jason1

Graphing Calculator?

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yeah of course you can. I wrote some small programs on my TI-83 back in 97'/98'. I haven't messed around with it since though, unfortunately. Why don't you try [google] for these sorts of things? I'm sure if you search for something like "graphing calculator game programmer" you'll find something. In fact, I think my TI-89 manual has a nicely sized section dedicated to just programming. Now where did I put that...

Quote:
Original post by jason1
does the program cum on the calculator?

I think that might make the keys sticky. </gross>

Seriously, though, I think the TIs use some form of ASM for making games. A simple google search or perusal of your manual should turn up plenty of resources.

I did a little bit of programming on my TI-83 plus last year. With that you have the choice of using the TI BASIC language, which you can do on the calculator(although it is slow), or if you're feeling a little more adventurous you can try out the assembly language for it. It's more complicated, and requires a link cable to connect your pc to your calculator, but the stuff you can make with it is definitely worth the effort. Check out ben ryves' stuff linked in rob loach's post above for some examples of the cool stuff you can do with a TI-83 Plus, or try looking at ticalc.org for more information on the range of TI calculators. They have some links to some fairly good tutorials for most of the TI range, as well as some cool games and stuff you can download.

It depends on what you are willing to do. All the calculators have basic but itś useless IMHO. TI 83´s/84´sa must be programmed in assembly which is a lot of work but 89´s and 92´s can be programmed in C using a customised GCC compiler for the 68k. If you really want to look into it I would suggest going to www.TICalc.org

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!