• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
blizzard999

DevIL image library [SOLVED]

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using DevIL for Image I/O. It's nice (I dont understand that OpenGL style however the library is great). The standard I/O functions ( Load/Save(filename) ) work. I would like to use std::istream and std::ostream to load/save images so I can perform an abstract I/O. I read the documentation and have wrapped the functions. The problem is that the input is OK but when I try to write the program crashes in the dll. I thought it was something wrong with my code so I tried to use the lump writing that is ilSaveL(imagefileformat, buffer, buffersize); but it crashes everytime also with this 'fake' code
char buf[4096];
ilSaveL(imagefileformat, buf, 1024);
I know it does nothing (it's only a test). Note that from the same point I can use ilSave(filename) without any problem. I use WindowsXP with MSVC6 and the latest release of the lib Any suggestion ? Have experienced the same problem? Other libraries ? edit: SOLVED [Edited by - blizzard999 on August 19, 2005 4:51:49 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!