• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dummyboy2

FBO, ATI and ShadowMap don't work...

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I wanted to use FBO to generate shadowMaps. On my desktop PC with geforce 6800GT everything works cool, but on my nootebook with R9600 PRO I have an exception and unknown FBO error (read from FBO status - CheckFramebufferStatusEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT);) Problem occurse only when I use: glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, light_view_depth.texture, 0); When I do the same, but with GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT_EXT and regular RGBA texture (insted of GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT and depth texture) everything works great. Did any one implemented shadowMapping with FBO on ATI? If yes, pleas write how. Greetings from Poland DummyBoy

Advertisement
It cant be done as the hardware doesnt allow for it, ATI's hardware wants a depth24_stencil8 format to render to and cant render directly to a depth texture.

The ARB are working on a depth_stencil format for textures apprently, so it might well be possible in the future.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!