• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Richy2k

Matrix & Vector Calculators..

This topic is 4836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Due to the lack of a nice high-tech calculator, and little luck for finding anything but trial versions of software on google, does anyone know of any free software which, well, is a calculator, but will allow me to do stuff with matrices and vectors aswell? I could always write my own software, but that takes valuble time away from my game engine WIP.

Advertisement
Or you could use octave, which i think is easier to use. However, if you want to incorporate it into a program I would suggest python and numpy like SiCrane said.

-Josh

If you have the money, try Mathematica ( www.wolfram.com ) or Maple ( www.maplesoft.com ).

For about 60 to a hundred dollars (depending on where you buy it) you can get Microsoft Student which comes with a nice graphing calculator with fairly good support for matrices and vectors.

It might be worth looking at.

EDIT: Looking at my copy, it looks like it supports:

- transpose
- find reduced echelon form of matrix
- determinant
- inverse
- size (the dimensions)
- trace
- dot product
- cross product
- all the elementary operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc.) with matrices and vectors

EDIT2: If you have the money, definately get Maple or Mathematica over Microsft Student though!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!