• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ajcrm125

Looking for some Windows (VFW) help

This topic is 4842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm utilizing the Microsoft VFW SDK to create textures from my webcam for OpenGL. Seems to be working but I'd like the textures to update as the video steams in. (Right now I have to constantly ask the camera for a DIB and then I create a texture using the image data) But in order to enable streaming (or what they call preview) capabilities, I need to give the function a handle to a window. I assume this is the window where the image will stream to. Is there other way to tell the camera to steam but simply steer the image data to an array of my choice? Or perhaps something else I could be missing? The webcam/VFW code I started with is short and can be found here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/video/article.php/c3771 Thanks guys... -Adam

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!