• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TheArtifex

Newsletter Management System - Very early build

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

'ey there. Back in the day, our development team used to use a newsletter management system coded by yours truly. I never thought much of it, but it was apparently something that other project managers were looking for, and I've recently heard many requests from old development pals and fellow project managers to bring back the newsletter management system: mostly so they could snag a copy. ;) Per their request, I've taken up the project, once again. Essentially, the program works though Outlook Express, using the MAPI plugin, to recieve subscriptions and unsubscriptions, and to recieve article submissions. The program then manages said subscriptions and allows you to edit, approve, deny, and publish said articles- or save the compiled newsletter to an HTML file so you can ship it to your website. In this newest build, I've added support for customizable templates: and I've also included a Gamedev-themed template with the download. (Change the template from "default.html" to "gamedev.html") Aaanyway: feed back would be appreciated, as well as bug reports, wishlists, or whatever else might come to mind. Source code available upon request, naturally, but be warned: it's ugly. ;) Download the Newsletter Management System Download COMDLG32.OCX Download shdocvw.dll Download MSMAPI32.OCX [EDIT] I should probably add that the program has offline support for the manual creation and editing of subscribers and article content.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!